The project represents approximately 18,300 sq.ft of enclosed space, covered walkways, play areas and external teaching areas on approximately 1.7 acres. Provision is made for 18 # classrooms upon the full build-out.
The following will be incorporated as part of the scheme:
• 'High internal roof space in buildings for increased light and ventilation.
• Soft and semi-hard spaces for driveways and play areas.
• Rainwater collection from roofs for use in the bathrooms and for the general landscaping.
• Electrical/mechanical infrastructure for solar power.
• A modular steel frame construction system, primarily on a 20'-0” x 20'-0” structural grid for cost effectiveness, timely construction and ease of future expansion.
• The use of readily available building materials.